Barnard Contingent Faculty-UAW Local 2110 (BCF-UAW) is a union for contingent faculty at Barnard College. Barnard is a liberal arts college for women affiliated with Columbia University in New York City.
We are a unit of UAW Local 2110, which has for decades represented support staff at Barnard and Columbia. Our local also includes graduate employees at New York University and workers at NYC cultural institutions like the Museum of Modern Art, the New Museum, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music, among many others.
Which Barnard faculty ranks are included in BCF-UAW?
- All “Adjunct” ranks
- All “Term” ranks
- All “Laboratory Associates”
- All “Guest Artists”
- All “Postdocs” with teaching responsibilities
- Any other “Visiting” faculty, if the individual does not hold tenure elsewhere
- If you are unsure, please inquire.
Which ranks are not included?
- All non-contingent, tenure-track faculty, including Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor ranks
- Contingent faculty at the rank of Associate, Senior Associate, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, or Professor of Professional Practice
Who can I contact about the union?
The current BCF-UAW union representatives are Siobhan Burke, Adjunct Lecturer in Dance, and Todd Rouhe, Adjunct Assistant Professor in Architecture. They can be reached at bcfuaw [at] gmail [dot] com.