- Unit Members may choose to enroll in the Cigna Plan A. Currently, unit members with an appointment to teach 9 or more points in an academic year are eligible for a premium contribution by the college equal to 50% of the premium contribution the College makes for full-time faculty in the lowest salary tier. See contract and chart linked below for details.
- Starting in the 2019-2020 academic year, this same premium contribution will be available to faculty who teach 6 or more points in an academic year.
- Unit Members will be eligible for coverage under the College’s Aetna Dental Insurance Plan offered to other College faculty not covered by this Agreement for so long as the Aetna Dental Insurance Plan is offered by the College to faculty not covered by this Agreement.
- The college will pay 50% of the then-current contribution it pays toward the cost of this plan for full-time faculty not covered by this Agreement.
- Unit Members will be eligible for coverage under the College’s EyeMed Vision Plan offered to other College faculty not covered by this Agreement for so long as the EyeMed Vision Plan is offered by the College to faculty not covered by this Agreement. Unit Members will pay the full cost of this coverage.
For current rates, see this chart.
- Commuter Benefits:
- Buy a Metrocard and other transit passes t pre-tax. The registration code is BARNARDCO-29097
- Flexible Savings Account
- Set aside money pre-tax for health or dependent care expenses. Registration only available during the College’s open enrollment period.
- Software Access
- Heavily-discounted applications available for faculty and staff to use on their personally-owned computers include Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Symantec Anti-virus and more.
- See other purchasing discounts, including cellphones and gyms, available to all College faculty and staff.